DIY fountains are ideal for creating an outdoor wonderland in your backyard. Water features improve your home’s resale value and curb appeal. They provide the perfect setting for entertaining, or simply relaxing around the soothing sound of moving water.
Here are five steps to build a pondless water system in your backyard.
1. Determine the location: Find the location for your water system. You’ll want to choose a spot that already has a slope if possible to avoid having to create one. Measure the area to determine the size.
2. Design your feature: Draw your design out on paper, and make a list of the supplies you’ll need.
3. Dig out the water path: Use spray paint to outline the water path. Once you’re satisfied with the layout, start digging and removing the soil and debris. Spread a layer of sand and level it. Lay out the fabric liner, or insert the reservoir.
4. Install the pump: Install the water pump and fill the reservoir with water. Plug the pump in.
5. Add the rocks: Layer the rocks around the reservoir to create the design you want.
The irrigation experts at W.P. Law, Inc. carry a variety of water features to help create an outdoor wonderland in your landscape. Check out our vast selection and see what would look best in your yard.