Irrigation plays a vital role in keeping your lawn and garden healthy and lush. In order to find the right company to design, install or purchase your system, follow these five tips.
1. Hire only licensed contractors: You should always hire a licensed contractor. Also, make sure they are properly insured and bonded. Contact your area’s licensing board to verify their license is active. In addition, check with the Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been filed or are outstanding.
2. Get it in writing: Always get your estimate in writing and if there are any changes to the work order, get them in writing as well. If the company offers a guarantee on their work, make sure it is in writing.
3. Ask for references: Contractors who do quality work are proud of that fact and don’t mind giving you a list of satisfied customers for you to contact.
4. Get estimates from at least 3 companies: After you have researched the irrigation companies in your area and are satisfied with the results of your search, you should contact at least three companies for estimates. The more estimates you get the more you will be assured you are getting the best price and have picked the best company to hire.
5. Don’t always go with lowest price: If your three estimates are close in price to each other then it’s probably okay to go with the lowest price. However, if two of the estimates are close together and the third is considerably lower, then you would be wise to avoid the lowest price. This contractor’s price may be low because he plans on cutting corners or using products that are of poor quality.
Let the irrigation specialists at W.P. Law, Inc. handle all of your irrigation needs.