The pondless water feature is the must-have outdoor home accessory that you never knew you needed … until today! These unique waterscape systems can be constructed using a combination of a stream, rocks, gravel, waterfall, and aquatic plants. Together the latter items are positioned to create a beautiful water feature, without having to install a pond or create a home for fish.
Characteristics of a Pondless Water Features
The disappearing or pondless waterfall allows water to remain at the same level of the rock and gravel fill. Since the water never rises above the rocks and gravel, it gives the appearance that both the waterfall and the stream are disappearing. In reality, the water is securely captured in a hidden underground basin. The underground basin houses the pump equipment and is also lined or filled with rock and gravel. The water is then circulated via a concealed submersible pump. It journeys through an underground pipe up to the waterfall, down the stream, and straight back to the pondless waterfall basin to provide you with countless hours of enjoyment.
Benefits of a Pondless Water Feature
There are a number of benefits to installing a pondless water feature in the back or front yard of your home.
- Pondless water features are virtually maintenance-free.
- The water feature runs on a timer and can be set to auto-fill, so that evaporated water is automatically replaced.
- Residents can enjoy the benefits of a water feature, without having to maintain an entire ecosystem.
- Pond water features can have a tendency to overflow, while the pondless feature only allows for a minimal amount of water.
- Improve the beauty of your outdoor lawn spaces.
- Create a serene and calming space that can be enjoyed throughout the year in above-freezing temperatures.
- Enhance the curb appeal of your home with a pondless water feature and additional outdoor lighting structures.
To learn more about installing a pondless water feature in your home’s lawn or to discover additional landscape tips, we invite you to contact a member of W. P. Law, Inc. Since 1970 W. P. Law has provided landscaping and water feature advice to residential homeowners. Discover the best products and trusted advice when you work with an expert from W. P. Law.